When visiting Maroi African Safaris on your African Hunting Holiday, it is a must to experience the the thrill of fishing of the South African fish species.
The Maswiri Dam is approximately 60 Hectares big and situated on the Maswiri Maroi Limpopo Conservancy about 18km from Beitbridge Border Post near Musina in the Limpopo Province Of South-Africa which is a must to visit on your African Hunting Holiday for the ultimate fresh water fishing experience.
The dam has a variety of fresh water fish including Niloticus Bream, Florida Bass and Barbel.
A family group of 6 hippo call the Maswiri dam home and more than 40 crocodiles can also be found here. Please take care not to disturb or threaten any of these animals.
Rates for Fishing:
- R150 per person per day
- R75 per pensioner per day
- R75 Children younger than 13 years
Terms and rules for permits:
- An amount of R150 per person is payable, anglers and non-anglers. Children younger than 13 and Pensioners pay R75.
- There are 10 designated angling points available. No angling beyond those points. Only 10 permits will be issued per day.
- A maximum of 4 persons per Permit.
- Every vehicle entering the premises MUST have a permit.
- A maximum of 5 fish per person are allowed to be taken out (Bream). Bass angling is strictly catch and release.
- Boats with bassmotors are preferred. Other boats should be operated at "idling" speeds.
- Small fires should only be made at designated areas.
- Beware of Hippo and Crocodiles in the dam. PLEASE DO NOT HARRASS THEM!! This will result in a permanent ban from the dam.
- No dogs allowed.
- DO NOT LITTER!! Please clean the area before you depart.
- No person is allowed in the bush. Please stay in the designated angling areas.
- Gates will be opened half an hour AFTER sunrise and locked at half an hour AFTER sunset. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- No Person will be allowed to enter without a valid permit from Maroi Boerdery or Bucketmouth Shop in Musina. Tresspassers will be banned from the dam!!
- All Permit fees payable at Maroi Boerdery's Office or at Bucketmouth Shop in Musina. NO PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE TO ANY STAFF MEMBERS AT THE GATE!!
- Permits available on Mondays to Fridays from 06:00 - 17:00 at Maroi Boerdery Office OR at The Bucketmouth Shop in Musina on Mondays to Fridays from 08:00 - 17:00. NO PERMITS WILL BE ISSUED DURING WEEKENDS!!
For more information and, visit:
Or please contact us with any questions:
Phone: +27 72 763 1483 (Lourens)
Phone: +2782 374 4678 (Hannes)
Phone: +27 83 455 4624 (Bazil Ferreira - Bucket Mouth Tackle Shop)
GPS Coordinates: 22º11’23.99” S 29º52’07.03” E (Maroi Main Office)